Trident Actuator is a growing company with an entrepreneurial attitude, and we are looking for people who welcome the challenge of day-to-day shifts in responsibilities. We’re looking for an Actuator Technician who has excellent organizational skills and a personable disposition to keep us thriving. This position will play a key role in ensuring the quality and safety of our products in our manufacturing site. This role involves assembly of new actuators in our shop, as well as occasional travel for startup, training, troubleshooting, and repair at our customers’ locations.
This role will report directly to the Operations Manager, and will be based out of our new location in Delaware County, PA. Training will require occasional travel to the current manufacturing facility in Mamaroneck, NY. Additional travel to customer sites will be required as needed.
● Assemble Trident actuators and panels from hydraulic and electrical components using detailed drawings and schematics.
● Inspect and test completed units.
● Prepare and package completed units for shipping.
● Process incoming component shipments, and inspect parts for flaws and imperfections.
● Perform on-site start-up and training, as well as troubleshooting, repair, modification, and upgrade opportunities.
● When required, troubleshoot, repair, and test actuators in the field.
● Work safely in accordance with company processes.
● Ensure customer satisfaction through professional and efficient service.
● Embrace and apply Trident’s quality management system.
● Produce accurate, grammatically correct, detailed reports.
● Maintain a clean, clutter-free work environment.
● Perform general workshop duties.
● Experience with mechanical/hydraulic systems, wiring diagrams, and PLCs.
● Comfortable reading and interpreting mechanical drawings.
● Ability to troubleshoot basic circuitry, including reading and interpreting electrical diagrams.
● Experience in a manufacturing environment.
● Extreme attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
● Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
● Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team to resolve issues.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, & customer service skills.
● Valid driver’s license.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Available to travel, if necessary.
● Prior experience working on actuators, valves, or associated equipment.
● Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours.
● Work will require but is not limited to, lifting, climbing, forklift certification, safety training, and site-specific training.
● Occasional travel is required for this position.
● Safely function in an industrial setting where manufacturing conditions exist.
● Required to use the company designated personal protective equipment and adhere to Trident’s safety program.
● Must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs.
The company is committed to equal employment opportunities. The company will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, ancestry, childbirth or related medical condition; citizenship; color; creed familial status; gender expression; gender identity; genetic information; height; weight; marital status; national origin; physical or mental disability or handicap; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; uniform service member status or veteran status; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.